[**To get even more email subscribers, use this plugin too!**](http://bit.ly/1zqOXPs)
This is a **simple plugin** that allows visitors to enter their name and email address on your website, the visitors details are then added to the subscribers list which is available to view and modify in the WordPress admin area.
This plugin can be used not only for Mailing List subscriptions but can be used generally for collecting email address and/or peoples names that are visiting your website.
The name/email form can not only be customised but can also be displayed on any WordPress page by using either the ‘Subscribe Widget’, WordPress shortcode [smlsubform] or from your WordPress theme by calling the php function.
I developed this plugin as I could not find any plugin that simply allows users to submit their name and email address to a simple list viewable in the WordPress admin, all the plugins that I found had lots of extra features such as 3rd party integration, mass emailing and double opt-in, my clients do not need any of these features.
= Extra Options =
I have developed some customizable options that allow you to change the way the plugin is displayed.
Below is an explanation of what each option does:-
* “prepend” -> Adds a paragraph of text just inside the top of the form.
* “showname” -> If true, this with show the name label and input field for capturing the users name.
* “nametxt” -> Text that is displayed to the left of the name input field.
* “nameholder” -> Text that is displayed inside the name input box as a place holder.
* “emailtxt” -> Text that is displayed to the left of the email input field.
* “emailholder” -> Text that is displayed inside the email input box as a place holder.
* “showsubmit” -> If true, this with show the submit button, return required to submit form.
* “submittxt” -> Text/value that will be displayed on the form submit button.
* “thankyou” -> Thank you message that will be displayed when someone subscribes. (Will not show if blank)
= Extra Options – How to Use (Short Code Method) =
Short codes can be used simply putting the code into your wordpress page, here is an example of the shortcode in use.
[smlsubform prepend="" showname=true nametxt="Name:" nameholder="Name..." emailtxt="Email:" emailholder="Email Address..." showsubmit=true submittxt="Submit" jsthanks=false thankyou="Thank you for subscribing to our mailing list"]
= Extra Options – How to Use (PHP Method) =
The PHP method can be used by putting the following PHP code into your WordPress theme, here is an example of php code for your template.