I don’t like certain things, like curly ‘smart’ quotes and self pings. Instead of installing six or seven plugins to do this, I thought I’d make one plugin to cover the usual suspects. Instead of just disabling everything, Disabler lets you pick and choose what settings you want turned off, in a dead simple UI.
This plugin will let you disable/remove the following features:
**Front End Settings**
* Texturization (including Smart/Curly quotes, EM dash, EN dash, and ellipsis)
* The automatic capitalization of the P in WordPress (WordPress 3.0+ only)
* The “ that is automatically inserted
**Back End Settings**
* Self Ping
* Autosaving of posts
* Post Revisions
* RSS Feeds
* Outputting WordPress version in your blog headers
* Sending your blog URL to WordPress when checking for updates on core/theme/plugins
All options default to off, and get cleaned up on uninstall.